Alcorn State beats Alabama A&M 89-79
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Jonathan Boyd scored 20 points and Anthony Ford added 19 to lead Alcorn State to an 89-79 win over Alabama A&M on Saturday night.
Jarvis Williams had 17 points for the Braves (6-21, 4-10 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who ended a three-game losing streak. Jumane Redd finished with 12 points and Troy Jackson with 11.
Alcorn State shot 50 percent from the field (16-for-32) in the first half to help claim a 49-31 lead at halftime. The Braves’ defense was strong on the perimeter, as the Bulldogs (7-14, 5-8) shot 26.1 percent from the 3-point line (6 of 23) for the game.
Alabama A&M ended up shooting 38.8 percent from the field (26-for-67). Alcorn State hit 41.4 percent of its shots (24-for-58) and made 34 free throws.
Cornelius Hester led the Bulldogs with 22 points. Jonathan Belt had 13 points and 10 rebounds and Trant Simpson scored 17.
- USC was scared to recruit Renardo Sidney
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team