St. Francis, NY beats Bryant 82-66
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Freshman Stefan Perunicic scored 23 points and Ricky Cadell added 17 to lead St. Francis of New York to a 82-66 win over Bryant on Wednesday night.
Perunicic connected on his first seven shots from 3-point range, finishing 7 of 9 on 3-pointers for the Terriers (10-16).
Bryant (8-20) got 20 points from Cecil Gresham and 12 points each from Peter Lambert and Adam Parzych.
The Terriers had a 39-34 halftime advantage and opened the second half with an 18-3 run. They led by as many as 24 with 8:23 left.
St. Francis connected on 14 of 24 3-pointers, while the Bulldogs struggled from long range, hitting on 6 of 27. Bryant shot 33.9 percent overall in the loss.
The Bulldogs are in the first year of a four-year transition to Division I. They will become members of the Northeast Conference starting in 2012.
- St. Francis, NY beats Bryant 82-66
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0