IUPUI beats IPFW with last-minute layup
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Robert Glenn scored 19 points, including a game-winning layup with 7 seconds left, to lift IUPUI to a 57-55 win over IPFW Thursday night in the Summit League.
Jon Avery had 17 points and eight rebounds and Leroy Nobles had 16 points for IUPUI (15-12, 8-8), which shot 49 percent from the field.
Nick Daniels scored 13 and Zach Plackemeier 10 for IPFW, which fought back to a 55-55 tie with 34 seconds remaining on a pair of free throws by Plackemeier.
Glenn then scored his game-winning layup.
The game featured four ties and two lead changes.
The Mastodons (10-16, 5-10) shot 40 percent from the field.
The Jaguars outscored IPFW 38-20 in the paint. Both teams had 30 rebounds.
- ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews signs deal with Reebok
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case