Portland State beats N. Colorado on buzzer-beater
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Jeremiah Dominguez hit a 3-pointer as time expired to lift Portland State to a 77-74 victory over Northern Colorado on Thursday.
With the score tied, Portland State (18-9, 9-5 Big Sky Conference) got the ball with 30 seconds left. The Vikings worked to get the ball to Dominguez, who faked two defenders before hitting the big shot.
Julius Jones led Portland State with 19 points. Tyrell Mara added 12 points for the Vikings, who rallied from a 39-28 halftime deficit to beat Northern Colorado (12-16, 6-7) for the 10th straight time.
Will Figures led Northern Colorado with 24 points. John Pena and Mike Proctor added 13 points apiece for the Bears.
- Portland State beats N. Colorado on buzzer-beater
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina