Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 65, Wagner 70
NEW YORK (AP)—Senior Justin Drummond had a career-high 23 points and Wagner defeated Mount St. Mary’s 70-65 on Thursday night.
Joey Mundweiler added 12 points for the Seahawks (13-13, 5-10 Northeast), who held a 34-30 lead at the half.
Shawn Atupem scored 15 points for the Mountaineers (15-11, 11-5). Jeremy Goode and Jean Cajou had 14 points each.
Cajou hit a 3-pointer to tie the score at 63-63 with 2:02 to go. The Seahawks took the lead for good at 65-63 on a jumper by Llew Radford.
- Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65, Wagner 70
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0