Portland surges past Pepperdine Waves 74-45
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—T.J. Campbell hit three 3-pointers and scored 14 points to lead Portland to a 74-45 victory over Pepperdine on Thursday.
The victory assured Portland (17-9, 8-3 West Coast Conference) of its first winning record in the conference since 1995.
Pepperdine (8-19, 5-6) led only once, at 2-0. After that, the Pilots quickly bolted to a 21-6 lead and held a 39-18 edge at the break.
The Pilots increased their advantage to 50-20 early in the second half after back-to-back 3-pointers by Campbell and a five-point string by Nik Raivio.
Dane Suttle Jr. led Pepperdine with 13 points. The Waves hit 23 percent of their shots and were just 2-of-20 from 3-point range.
- Portland surges past Pepperdine Waves 74-45
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0