McCoy’s 20 leads North Texas past Louisiana-Monroe
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Adam McCoy scored 20 points off the bench and was one of six North Texas players in double figures as the Mean Green defeated Louisiana-Monroe 95-80 Thursday night.
McCoy’s 20 points came in just 17 minutes. He made 6-of-10 field goals and shot 5-of-6 from the free-throw line.
Four of the Mean Green (16-10, 9-6 Sun Belt) starters scored in double figures, led by Eric Tramiel’s 17 points. Tristan Thompson scored 13, Dominique Johnson had 12 points and six assists and George Odufuwa finished a rebound shy of a double-double with 10 points and nine rebounds.
Jarvis Hill led Louisiana-Monroe (9-17, 5-10) with 23 points. Rudy Turner had his second consecutive double-double, finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Mean Green shot 58 percent from the field and scored 60 points in the second half.
- McCoy's 20 leads North Texas past Louisiana-Monroe
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions