McCoy’s 20 leads North Texas past Louisiana-Monroe
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Adam McCoy scored 20 points off the bench and was one of six North Texas players in double figures as the Mean Green defeated Louisiana-Monroe 95-80 Thursday night.
McCoy’s 20 points came in just 17 minutes. He made 6-of-10 field goals and shot 5-of-6 from the free-throw line.
Four of the Mean Green (16-10, 9-6 Sun Belt) starters scored in double figures, led by Eric Tramiel’s 17 points. Tristan Thompson scored 13, Dominique Johnson had 12 points and six assists and George Odufuwa finished a rebound shy of a double-double with 10 points and nine rebounds.
Jarvis Hill led Louisiana-Monroe (9-17, 5-10) with 23 points. Rudy Turner had his second consecutive double-double, finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Mean Green shot 58 percent from the field and scored 60 points in the second half.
- Four more dormant non-league rivalries worth resuscitating
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56