McCoy’s 20 leads North Texas past Louisiana-Monroe
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Adam McCoy scored 20 points off the bench and was one of six North Texas players in double figures as the Mean Green defeated Louisiana-Monroe 95-80 Thursday night.
McCoy’s 20 points came in just 17 minutes. He made 6-of-10 field goals and shot 5-of-6 from the free-throw line.
Four of the Mean Green (16-10, 9-6 Sun Belt) starters scored in double figures, led by Eric Tramiel’s 17 points. Tristan Thompson scored 13, Dominique Johnson had 12 points and six assists and George Odufuwa finished a rebound shy of a double-double with 10 points and nine rebounds.
Jarvis Hill led Louisiana-Monroe (9-17, 5-10) with 23 points. Rudy Turner had his second consecutive double-double, finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Mean Green shot 58 percent from the field and scored 60 points in the second half.
- Kyrie Irving warms up with Duke. Is he closer to a return?
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case