New Orleans beats Arkansas State 73-63
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Kyndall Dykes scored a career-high 27 points and T.J. Worley added 20 to lead New Orleans to a 73-63 victory over Arkansas State on Thursday night.
Dykes was 10-for-19 from the field and 7-for-9 from the free-throw line for the Privateers (11-16, 6-10 Sun Belt Conference), who made 88 percent of their foul shots (22-for-25), tying their season high.
New Orleans ended a three-game skid while winning a conference game by double figures for the first time this year.
The Red Wolves (13-13, 5-10), who lost their sixth straight game, scored the game’s opening basket, then never led again after Worley answered with a 3-pointer.
Arkansas State used a 7-0 run to pull within 54-50 with 7:48 left, but the Privateers responded with five straight points.
Donald Boone led the Red Wolves with 13 points, while JeJuan Brown and Eric McKinney had 11 apiece.
- New Orleans beats Arkansas State 73-63
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look