South Alabama beats Middle Tennessee 63-57
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—C.J. Garner scored 15 points and DeAndre Coleman notched a double-double, leading South Alabama to a 63-57 win over Middle Tennessee on Thursday night.
Coleman scored 11 points and grabbed 10 boards for the Jaguars (16-11, 9-7 Sun Belt Conference), who won their third straight game and five of the last six. Ronald Douglas and Domonic Tilford also added 11 points apiece.
Desmond Yates and Demetrius Green led the Blue Raiders (15-12, 8-7) with 15 points each, while Kevin Kanaskie had 11.
After relinquishing a 26-23 halftime lead, the Blue Raiders pulled within 57-52 on Calvin O’Neil’s jumper with 1:23 left. But Garner hit five free throws in the game’s final 39 seconds to seal the win for the Jaguars.
South Alabama hit 28 of 42 free throws, while MTSU went just 5-for-12 from the line.
- South Alabama beats Middle Tennessee 63-57
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown