La. Tech tops Houston Baptist 84-47
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Kyle Gibson scored 21 points and Louisiana Tech defeated Houston Baptist 84-47 on Thursday night.
Louisiana Tech (11-16) led 12-11 with 13:08 left in the first half before going on an 11-2 run, making the score 23-13 on a layup by Kyle Gibson with 9:06 left until halftime.
The Bulldogs led by as many as 35 points, 78-43, on a 3-pointer by David Jackson with 5:44 left in the game.
Louisiana Tech shot 51.7 percent from the field (30 of 58) and scored 26 points off of 18 Houston Baptist (3-23) turnovers.
Jamel Guyton had 19 points and five steals for the Bulldogs and Olu Ashaolu scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.
The Huskies hit 34.5 percent from the field (23 of 56) and made just 21.7 percent of their 3-point attempts (5-for-23).
Andrew Puzyk scored 14 points and Gordon Watt added 13 for Houston Baptist.
- La. Tech tops Houston Baptist 84-47
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown