LIU too much for St. Francis Pa.
NEW YORK (AP)—Jaytornah Wisseh led six double-figure scorers with 19 points to lead Long Island University to an 85-71 win over St. Francis Pa. on Thursday night.
Lucas Faggiano added 13 points for the Blackbirds (14-12, 10-5 Northeast).
LIU had won 3 straight.
Junior Devin Sweetney had a career-high 35 points for the Red Flash (5-21, 2-13), who lost their sixth straight.
After Kurt Hoffman got the visitors within 26-20 with 7:35 left in the half, the Blackbirds went on a 15-2 run for a 41-22 lead. Julian Boyd had seven in the run.
LIU shot 57 percent for the game.
- Magic Johnson performs John Wall dance at Kentucky
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst