George Washington beats St. Bonaventure 90-62
WASHINGTON (AP)—Rob Diggs scored 26 points, and was one of five George Washington players in double figures in a 90-62 rout of St. Bonaventure on Thursday night.
Joseph Katuka added 13 points, Travis King and Damian Hollis had 12 apiece and Wynton Witherspoon chipped in with 10 for the Colonials (8-15, 2-9 Atlantic 10 Conference).
Michael Davenport led the Bonnies (13-12, 4-8) with 16 points and Malcolm Eleby added 11.
The Colonials opened the game on a 25-7 run, cruising to a 47-28 halftime lead. They put it away in the second, outscoring the Bonnies 43-34.
GW hit 10 of 12 from beyond the arc and 14 of 16 from the foul line in the win. The Bonnies were just 5 of 20 from 3-point range, while going 5-for-10 on free throws.
The Colonials have won two of their last four games after dropping 11 straight before this current streak.
- Professor honored at halftime tossed from game for heckling
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?