Denver defeats Louisiana-Lafayette 55-51
DENVER (AP)—Nate Rohnert recorded 14 points, six rebounds and four assists as the University of Denver edged Louisiana-Lafayette 55-51 on Thursday night.
Rob Lewis added 12 points and four rebounds for the Pioneers (12-14 overall, 7-8 Sun Belt Conference), who have won their last six home games. Teammate Brian Stafford scored nine points.
Denver was ahead 29-23 at halftime.
Randell Daigle led Louisiana-Lafayette (9-17, 6-9) with 12 points. He was followed by Ryan McCoy with 10 points and Travis Bureau with eight.
Bureau and Tyren Johnson each pulled down a game-high seven rebounds for the Ragin’ Cajuns.
Louisiana-Lafayette holds a 16-6 lead in the all-time series with Denver, including a 7-4 mark in Denver.
- I'm losing respect for Rick Pitino by the day
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78