Sacred Heart beats Cent. Connecticut 101-67
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP)—Corey Hassan scored 21 points and Joey Henley added 16 to lead Sacred Heart in a 101-67 drubbing of Central Connecticut on Wednesday night.
The Blue Devils (12-14, 7-8 Northeast Conference), who last gave up 100 points in a four-overtime loss to LaSalle in 2005, were led by Shemik Thompson with 13 and Kyle Desmaris with 11.
Ryan Litke had 12 points, and Ryon Howard added 11 and nine boards for the Pioneers (13-13, 10-6).
Sacred Heart opened up an early lead, shooting 8-for-14 from 3-point range in the first half, and were ahead 48-29 at intermission. Litke had three 3-pointers in the first 7:28 of the second half to make it 72-42, and the Pioneers never let the lead drop below 15.
- Sacred Heart beats Cent. Connecticut 101-67
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan