N.C.-Asheville 81, High Point 78
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—John Williams scored 32 points and had 10 rebounds to lead North Carolina Asheville to an 81-79 overtime victory over High Point on Wednesday night.
Williams hit a free throw to give the Bulldogs (13-14, 9-7 Big South Conference) an 80-78 lead with 25 seconds left, then hit another one for the final margin with 9 seconds remaining.
Cruz Daniels led High Point (8-18, 4-12) with 25 points and 15 rebounds.
UNC Asheville led by as many as 12 points in the second half before the Panthers rallied.
Daniels’ layup gave High Point a 65-64 lead with 1:50 remaining and the Panthers forced overtime on Eugene Harris’ shot at the buzzer.
Sean Smith added 19 points and Matt Dickey scored 11 for UNC Asheville.
Jourdan Morris scored 21 points for High Point and Nick Barbour had 14 points, reaching double digits for the eighth consecutive game.
- N.C.-Asheville 81, High Point 78
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0