Savannah State knocks off Florida Atlantic 79-66
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP)—Chris Linton scored 20 points to lead Savannah State to a 79-66 victory over Florida Atlantic on Wednesday night.
Tracy Rankins added 17 points for the Tigers (13-14), who led by as many as 25 points in the second half.
Savannah State led 64-59 with 3:40 remaining, but Linton scored five consecutive points to increase the advantage to 69-59 with 1:33 left in the game.
Florida Atlantic (6-22), which is 0-15 on the road this season, cut it to 69-61 on Paul Graham III’s two free throws with 1:24 remaining, but couldn’t get closer.
The Tigers made all 10 of their free-throw attempts in the final 1:20 and finished 14 of 17 from the line (82.4 percent).
Anthony Jones scored 15 points, Raye Bailey added 11 points and Arnold Louis had 11 rebounds for Savannah State.
Graham III scored 21 and Brett Royster added 15 points for the Owls.
- Savannah State knocks off Florida Atlantic 79-66
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)