Wyoming beats UNLV 77-68
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Brandon Ewing scored 29 points as Wyoming defeated UNLV 77-68 on Wednesday.
The win snapped a four-game losing skid for the Cowboys (15-10 overall, 4-7 Mountain West Conference) as they nearly blew a 17-point second-half lead.
Winks Adams and Tre’Von Willis each scored 18 points to lead UNLV (19-6, 7-5), with Rene Rougeau adding 16.
Adams hit three free throws to make it a six-point game early in the second half before Ewing keyed a 13-2 run with two straight 3-pointers.
UNLV cut Wyoming’s lead in half with eight straight points to make it a nine-point game with nine minutes left.
The Cowboys seemed to weather the storm, leading by 10 with six minutes remaining, only to see the Rebels answer with seven straight points. But Wyoming hit 8-of-10 free throws in the final 45 seconds to seal the win.
Sean Ogirri and Adam Waddell added 13 and 10 points respectively for the Cowboys.
- Long Island University outlasts Wagner 83-79 in OT
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case