WMU grabs 12-point halftime lead, beats EMU 46-38
KAMALAZOO, Mich. (AP)—David Kool scored 19 points for Western Michigan, which took a 12-point halftime lead, then held off Eastern Michigan’s second-half surge for a 46-38 win Wednesday night.
The Broncos out shot the Eagles from the field 55 percent (12-for-22) to 25 percent (6-for-24) in the first half to build a 27-15 halftime lead.
Eastern Michigan (4-22, 2-10 Mid-American) pulled within 37-36 on Wendale Farrow’s layup with 6:41 to play. But Kool scored seven points in a 9-2 Western run down the stretch to seal the win.
Shawntes Gary added 10 points for the Broncos (9-16, 6-6). Kool had five rebounds.
The Eagles got 13 points from Brandon Bowdry, and Justin Dobbins grabbed 12 rebounds but scored only two points on 1-7 field-goal shooting. Eastern lost despite a 33-21 rebounding edge.
- Kentucky ends regular season looking to continue recent mastery of Florida
- No. 20 Arizona's Jackson-Cartwright out up to 2 months
- Drake coach Ray Giacoletti resigns with team just 1-7
- UConn nips Syracuse at Madison Square Garden
- Judge dismisses sex charges against ex-Michigan State star
- Iowa overpowers Stetson in 95-68 win