Va. Commonwealth beats Delaware 78-67
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Eric Maynor scored 21 of his 30 points in the second half Wednesday night as Virginia Commonwealth pulled away for a 78-67 win over Delaware.
Maynor added 10 assists for the Rams (19-8, 12-4 Colonial Athletic Association) who moved into first place after Georgia State beat Northeastern 70-68 Wednesday. Larry Sanders had 19 points and 15 rebounds and Kirill Pischalnikov chipped in 11 points.
A 27-13 run late in the second half gave the Rams a 74-64 lead with 2:12 remaining, with Maynor scoring 18 points during the spurt spanning 12:10.
The Blue Hens (11-17, 5-11), who led 26-15 in the first half and 38-36 at halftime, had only two field goals in the final 9:27. Delaware was 9-for-29 in the second half.
Marc Egerson led the Blue Hens with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Jawan Carter added 15 points and Alphonso Dawson and Brian Johnson had 13 apiece.
- Crouch leads Bradley to 83-74 win over Tulsa in CBI Game 2
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims