Utah State downs CS Bakersfield 78-57
LOGAN, UTAH (AP)—Stavon Williams scored 13 points and Tai Wesley added 11 to lead Utah State to a 78-57 win over Cal State Bakersfield on Wednesday night.
Gary Wilkinson pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds for the Aggies (25-2) in the non-conference game.
Trent Blakely scored 14 points, including 3-of-6 3-pointers, for the Roadrunners (6-20). Teammate Alex Johnson added 13 points.
Cal State Bakersfield erased a 22-point deficit midway through the second half, closing to 69-57 with 4:15 to play. But Utah State scored nine straight points to seal the win.
The Roadrunners shot 8-for-16 from beyond the 3-point line.
The Aggies out-rebounded the Roadrunners 40-21 and had 22 assists to 12 for Cal State Bakersfield. Utah State’s bench players, which included Williams, had a big hand in the win, outscoring the Roadrunners’ bench 28-6.
- Utah State downs CS Bakersfield 78-57
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina