UAB defeats Tulane 76-70
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Robert Vaden scored 17 points and Lawrence Kinnard added 15 points and 12 rebounds as Alabama-Birmingham rallied to beat Tulane 76-70 on Wednesday night.
The Blazers (18-8, 8-3 Conference USA), who have won five in a row and eight of their last nine, limited the Green Wave to just three field goals in the last nine minutes.
Kevin Sims scored 20 points to reach the 1,000-point plateau for Tulane (10-15, 4-8), which has lost two straight and five of its last six.
Tulane led by as many as 11 points in the first half and the game was tied on 10 occasions, the last time at 66 with 4:19 left. UAB then used a 7-0 run to pull ahead for good.
Paul Delaney III also scored 15 points for UAB, which outrebounded Tulane 20-8 in the second half and hit 20 of 27 second-half free throws.
Robinson Louisme added 17 points and 12 rebounds for the Green Wave.
- UAB defeats Tulane 76-70
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four