William & Mary knocks off Towson 76-54
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—David Schneider scored 26 points and had nine rebounds to lead William & Mary to a 76-54 victory over Towson on Wednesday night.
Schneider was 8 of 9 from the free-throw line to help William & Mary (9-17, 4-10 Colonial Athletic Association) go 17 of 21 from the line (81 percent).
The Tribe also was 26 of 52 from the field (50 percent) to win for the second time in three games and send Towson (9-19, 4-12) to its fifth loss in six games.
Schneider hit a 3-pointer about three minutes into the second half to push the lead to 40-30.
However, Towson’s Junior Hairston hit a 3-pointer to cut the lead to 42-37 with 15:23 remaining.
William & Mary scored seven consecutive points to push the lead into double digits.
Quinn McDowell added 16 points for the Tribe.
Hairston and Josh Thornton scored 13 points each for the Tigers.
- William & Mary knocks off Towson 76-54
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel