Toledo rallies past Ball State, 71-67
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Tyrone Kent scored 26 points and sparked a late-game rally to help Toledo power past Ball State 71-67 on Wednesday night at John F. Savage Arena.
Toledo (5-21, 3-9 Mid-American Conference) was trailing Ball State (11-13, 6-6 MAC) by one point, 62-61, with 2:39 left in the game when Kent hit a jumper and a free throw back-to-back. Toledo held onto a slim lead for the remaining minutes until Jonathan Amos hit two free throws with one second left in the game to end it.
It was a team effort for Toledo, with Amos adding 14 points, Justin Anyijong adding 12 and Mohamed Lo scoring 10. Rob Giles led Ball State with 22 points.
Ball State had a commanding lead until the end of the game was ahead 33-26 at the half. Solid free throw shooting helped Toledo, which was 19-for-29 on free throws compared to Ball State’s 11-for-13.
- Toledo rallies past Ball State, 71-67
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown