Oklahoma St. hangs on to beat Tech 92-82
LUBBOCK, Texas (AP)—Terrel Harris scored 19 of his career-high 27 points in the first half to lead Oklahoma State past Texas Tech 92-82 on Wednesday night.
The Cowboys led by as many as 25 midway through the second half before Tech battled back. The Red Raiders used a 22-6 run, including a dozen points by Mike Singletary, to whittle their deficit to 74-68 with 3:12 remaining.
Byron Eaton hit two free throws and a field goal to push the lead back to 78-70 with 2:21 left and Tech couldn’t pull closer down the stretch .
James Anderson added 24 points for the Cowboys.
Harris hit on 9-of-13 from the field for the Cowboys (16-9, 5-6 Big 12) and made four 3-pointers off six attempts. The Cowboys made 12 of 25 attempts from 3-point range.
Singletary scored a season-high 24 points to lead Tech (12-15, 2-9), which has now lost seven of its last eight games.
- How Derrick Williams went from unheralded to All-American
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims