UTSA beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 73-66
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Devin Gibson scored 14 points to help lead Texas-San Antonio to a 73-66 victory over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Wednesday night.
Gibson also had six rebounds, four steals and three assists for the Roadrunners (16-8, 7-4 Southland). Morris Smith IV added 11 points and Travis Gabbidon and Chris Allen each scored 10 points.
Kevin Palmer scored 30 points and had eight rebounds to lead the Islanders (14-12 and 8-3). Shamar Coombs had 11 points. Palmer scored his 30 behind 13-of-25 shooting from the floor. He also had eight rebounds, five assists and three steals.
UTSA led 34-28 at the half. The lead changed hands 10 times in the second half before UTSA took the lead for good behind a layup by Gabbidon, a 3-pointer from Omar Johnson and a layup by Gibson late in the second half.
The Islanders would get no closer than 71-66 after Palmer made 1-of-2 free throws with 1:39 to play.
- UTSA beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 73-66
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2