UTSA beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 73-66
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Devin Gibson scored 14 points to help lead Texas-San Antonio to a 73-66 victory over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Wednesday night.
Gibson also had six rebounds, four steals and three assists for the Roadrunners (16-8, 7-4 Southland). Morris Smith IV added 11 points and Travis Gabbidon and Chris Allen each scored 10 points.
Kevin Palmer scored 30 points and had eight rebounds to lead the Islanders (14-12 and 8-3). Shamar Coombs had 11 points. Palmer scored his 30 behind 13-of-25 shooting from the floor. He also had eight rebounds, five assists and three steals.
UTSA led 34-28 at the half. The lead changed hands 10 times in the second half before UTSA took the lead for good behind a layup by Gabbidon, a 3-pointer from Omar Johnson and a layup by Gibson late in the second half.
The Islanders would get no closer than 71-66 after Palmer made 1-of-2 free throws with 1:39 to play.
- Peyton Siva's circus up-and-under layup saves Louisville
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims