Allen leads Temple to 72-45 win over Fordham
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Lavoy Allen scored 19 points and had 11 rebounds Wednesday as Temple cruised to its fourth straight victory, a 72-45 win over Fordham.
Dionte Christmas also had 14 points while Craig Williams contributed 11 points and Ryan Brooks had 10 for the Owls (16-9, 8-3 Atlantic-10).
Jio Fontan scored 14 points and Jacob Green added 13 for the Rams (3-20, 1-10), who dropped their fifth in a row. Fordham has lost 13 of its last 14 and fell to last place in the 14-team conference.
Temple led 33-22 at halftime and 42-29 with 14:40 remaining before going on a 19-4 run.
Allen scored eight points and Christmas had six during the key spurt, which extended Temple’s lead to 61-33 with 6:15 left.
Allen registered his team-high ninth double-double of the season as the Owls outrebounded Fordham 41-31.
- Allen leads Temple to 72-45 win over Fordham
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game