UC Santa Barbara tops Pacific to win 3 straight
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP)—Chris Devine had 26 points and eight rebounds Wednesday night to lead UC Santa Barbara to its first three-game winning streak of the season with a 67-57 victory over Pacific.
Devine went 8-for-15 from the field and made all 10 of his free throws for the Gauchos (11-13, 5-7 Big West Conference).
Chad Troyer sank a trio of 3-pointers in the first five minutes as Pacific (14-10, 7-6) took an 11-5 lead.
But James Powell scored 10 of his 16 points in an eight-minute run as Santa Barbara surged to a 36-27 halftime lead.
The Tigers got as close as seven points on a dunk by Sam Willard with 16:44 to go, but Devine’s two baskets keyed an 8-2 run that put the Gauchos back on course.
UC Santa Barbara its last 13 points from the foul line in 14 attempts.
Troyer finished with 11 to lead Pacific.
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 8, J.R. Reid
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- University of Louisville president's resignation accepted
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12