Lamar beats Sam Houston St. 60-57
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Miles Anthony and Ashton Hall combined for 26 points, including three free throws in the final 11 seconds, to lead Lamar to a 60-57 victory over Sam Houston State on Wednesday night.
Anthony made 1-of-2 free throws with 11 seconds remaining to give the Cardinals (13-11, 4-7 Southland) a 58-56 lead.
That gave the Bearkats (14-10, 8-3) a chance to tie the game with four seconds left when Corey Allmond was fouled. He hit one of his two free throws to cut Lamar’s lead to one. Hall then sank two free throws for the final margin.
Anthony scored 15 points for the Cardinals and Hall had 11.
Drae Murray led the Bearkats in scoring with 20 points off the bench while Barkley Falkner scored 10.
- Tennessee Tech's Swansey lives up to "Mr. Big Shot" nickname
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- Syracuse reeling with 3 losses in 4 games
- Hartford stuns Boston College 65-63 behind Dunne's 25 points
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls