Drake rallies to beat N. Iowa 47-46
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Josh Young scored 16 points and led a second-half rally that carried Drake to a 47-46 win over Northern Iowa on Wednesday in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Young had nine points in the second half for the Bulldogs (16-12, 7-9), who won for the third straight time at UNI. Young’s free throws with 6:51 to play gave Drake a 39-38 lead. The Bulldogs never trailed again.
Drake was 8-for-8 from the line in the second half and 9-for-10 overall. The Panthers (18-9, 12-4) were 6-for-6 in the first half, but made just six of 13 attempts in the second half.
Jordan Eglseder, who was UNI’s only double-figure scorer with 11 points, missed two free throws with 5 seconds left for the Panthers.
Turnovers and poor shooting hurt both teams. UNI had 21 turnovers and shot 35 percent, while Drake had 16 turnovers and shot 39 percent.
- Drake rallies to beat N. Iowa 47-46
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel