Drake rallies to beat N. Iowa 47-46
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Josh Young scored 16 points and led a second-half rally that carried Drake to a 47-46 win over Northern Iowa on Wednesday in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Young had nine points in the second half for the Bulldogs (16-12, 7-9), who won for the third straight time at UNI. Young’s free throws with 6:51 to play gave Drake a 39-38 lead. The Bulldogs never trailed again.
Drake was 8-for-8 from the line in the second half and 9-for-10 overall. The Panthers (18-9, 12-4) were 6-for-6 in the first half, but made just six of 13 attempts in the second half.
Jordan Eglseder, who was UNI’s only double-figure scorer with 11 points, missed two free throws with 5 seconds left for the Panthers.
Turnovers and poor shooting hurt both teams. UNI had 21 turnovers and shot 35 percent, while Drake had 16 turnovers and shot 39 percent.
- Drake rallies to beat N. Iowa 47-46
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina