Georgia St. edges Northeastern 70-68
BOSTON (AP)—Ousman Krubally hit a layup as time expired to give Georgia State a 70-68 win over Northeastern on Wednesday night.
Krubally’s basket capped a wild final 1:30 in which the Panthers lost an eight-point lead.
Northeastern’s Baptiste Bataille hit a 3-pointer with 7.7 seconds left to tie it at 68. The Huskies knocked the ball out of bounds with 1.4 seconds remaining, giving Georgia State one last chance. Dante Curry, who led all scorers with 18, found Krubally on an inbounds pass for the win.
Neither team led by more than six until Georgia State (9-18, 7-9 Colonial Athletic Association) took a 65-57 lead with 1:43 remaining. Northeastern (16-10, 11-5 CAA) went on an 11-3 run, culminating with Bataille’s trey.
Georgia State got 14 points and eight assists from Joe Duke. Matt Janning led Northeastern with 15, and Manny Adako added 14.
The loss dropped Northeastern out of first in the CAA, a game behind Virginia Commonwealth.
- Are Southern Miss’ and Iowa’s logos too similar? A court says yes
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60