Hall leads Lehigh past Colgate, 49-40
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP)—Marquis Hall scored 16 points to lead Lehigh to a 49-40 victory over Colgate on Wednesday night.
Zahir Carrington had nine points and 13 rebounds to help the Mountain Hawks (15-10, 5-6 Patriot League) top last season’s win total.
Mike Venezia scored 13 points and Yaw Gyawu had 10 for the Raiders (9-16, 5-7), who scored 17 points and shot 20 percent from the field in the second half.
Lehigh shot 39 perent in the first half and led 2-23 at the break.
After trailing by six points, Colgate pulled to 33-31 on Venezia’s 3-pointer with 12:35 left in the game.
Prentice Small and Carrington had layups, and Hall made a jumper to stretch Lehigh’s lead to 45-36 with 3:12 left. Colgate got no closer than eight the rest of the way.
- UMBC 71, Albany, N.Y. 80
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims