Hall leads Lehigh past Colgate, 49-40
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP)—Marquis Hall scored 16 points to lead Lehigh to a 49-40 victory over Colgate on Wednesday night.
Zahir Carrington had nine points and 13 rebounds to help the Mountain Hawks (15-10, 5-6 Patriot League) top last season’s win total.
Mike Venezia scored 13 points and Yaw Gyawu had 10 for the Raiders (9-16, 5-7), who scored 17 points and shot 20 percent from the field in the second half.
Lehigh shot 39 perent in the first half and led 2-23 at the break.
After trailing by six points, Colgate pulled to 33-31 on Venezia’s 3-pointer with 12:35 left in the game.
Prentice Small and Carrington had layups, and Hall made a jumper to stretch Lehigh’s lead to 45-36 with 3:12 left. Colgate got no closer than eight the rest of the way.
- Hall leads Lehigh past Colgate, 49-40
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2