Anderson’s 28 lead Richmond over La Salle, 62-53
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Kevin Anderson scored a career-high 28 points to lead Richmond to a 62-53 victory over La Salle on Wednesday night.
Jarhon Giddings had 11 points and nine rebounds for the Spiders (13-13, 5-6 Atlantic 10), who won for just the second time in seven games.
Rodney Green had 13 points for La Salle (14-11, 5-6), which shot a season-worst 28.1 percent (18-for-64) from the field while matching its season-low for points.
After trailing 30-25 at the break, La Salle opened the second half on an 11-0 run to take a 36-30 lead with 15:16 left. But Richmond scored eight of the next 10, capped by an Anderson layup, to tie it at 38 with 12:14 remaining.
The Spiders then took control with a 9-2 run over the next 2:49, ending on a driving layup by Anderson, to take a 47-40 lead. The Explorers never got closer than five points the rest of the way.
Richmond won despite a season-low five points from leading scorer David Gonzalvez, who entered averaging 16.8.
- Southern Illinois beats New Orleans 74-61
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win