Holy Cross defeats Navy 74-69
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—R.J. Evans scored 17 points and had six rebounds as Holy Cross came from behind to defeat Navy 74-69 on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (14-12, 9-2 Patriot League), trailed 38-33 at halftime and used a 13-5 run in the second half to retake the lead.
A 3-pointer from the top of the key by Alex Vander Baan , who scored all 8 of his points in the second half, gave Holy Cross the lead for good at 66-63 with 5:45 to go.
Colin Cunningham scored 12 points and Andrew Keister added 10.
Navy (17-9, 6-5), which defeated the Crusaders earlier in the season 74-68, were led by Adam Teague and Chris Harris with 17 each. Kaleo Kina added 16 points and a game-high 8 assists for the Midshipmen.
Navy put together a 14-1 run early in the first half to take a 14-5 lead.
- Holy Cross defeats Navy 74-69
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2