Holy Cross defeats Navy 74-69
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—R.J. Evans scored 17 points and had six rebounds as Holy Cross came from behind to defeat Navy 74-69 on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (14-12, 9-2 Patriot League), trailed 38-33 at halftime and used a 13-5 run in the second half to retake the lead.
A 3-pointer from the top of the key by Alex Vander Baan , who scored all 8 of his points in the second half, gave Holy Cross the lead for good at 66-63 with 5:45 to go.
Colin Cunningham scored 12 points and Andrew Keister added 10.
Navy (17-9, 6-5), which defeated the Crusaders earlier in the season 74-68, were led by Adam Teague and Chris Harris with 17 each. Kaleo Kina added 16 points and a game-high 8 assists for the Midshipmen.
Navy put together a 14-1 run early in the first half to take a 14-5 lead.
- Pac-10 Preview: MoMo Jones emerging as a leader at Arizona
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner