Tennessee-Martin beats Eastern Illinois 76-60
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Marquis Weddle scored 25 points to lead Tennessee-Martin to a 76-60 win over Eastern Illinois on Wednesday night.
Lester Hudson added 22 points and Olajide Hay added 10 points for Tennessee-Martin (19-6, 12-3 Ohio Valley), which led 29-24 at halftime.
The Skyhawks were hot from 3-point range, going 12-for-23. Eastern Illinois (11-15, 8-8) was 4-for-12 from behind the arc.
The Panthers tied the score at 36 with about 15 minutes left in the game. But Tennessee-Martin went on an 11-2 run, including a dunk by Djero Riedewald, jumper by Weddle and a 3-pointer by Hudson, that put the game out of reach.
Romain Martin scored a game-high 27 points, including four 3-pointers, for Eastern Illinois. Ousmane Cisse added 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Panthers.
The Skyhawks beat Eastern Illinois 65-51 last month.
- Southern Miss tops Marshall 63-58
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs