N.J. Tech 46, Bryant 70
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Cecil Gresham scored 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead Bryant 70-46 over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Tuesday night.
Gresham’s double-double was the first of the season for the Bulldogs (8-19) who are in their initial year of Division I play. They join the Northeast Conference in 2012. He also connected on 5 of 8 from the floor and 2 of 3 from 3-point range and added three assists.
It was the seventh consecutive loss for the Highlanders (1-25), who got their only win against the Bulldogs 61-51 on Jan. 21.
Jheryl Wilson led NJIT with 16 points, and Gary Garris finished with eight.
Bryant got 13 points from Jerrann Wright and 12 from Chris Birrell.
The Bulldogs led 15-11 midway through the first half before pulling away on a 20-8 run to lead 35-19 at intermission.
- N.J. Tech 46, Bryant 70
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game