Austin Peay beats Jacksonville State 72-60
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Drake Reed scored 30 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to lead Austin Peay to a 72-60 victory over Jacksonville State on Tuesday night.
Reed scored 20 second-half points for the Governors (15-11, 11-5 Ohio Valley Conference), who bounced back from an 88-80 loss to Tennessee State on Saturday night.
The Gamecocks (11-15, 5-12) lost their fourth straight game and are battling to qualify for the conference tournament.
Austin Peay led 28-21 at halftime, then Jacksonville State used a 17-4 run to pull ahead 38-32 with 14:38 left. The momentum shifted and the Governors had an 18-5 spurt to lead 50-43 with 9:26 remaining. The Gamecocks cut the deficit to 56-55, but could get no closer.
Anthony Campbell added 11 points for Austin Peay.
Jeremy Bynum and Jonathan Toles led Jacksonville State with 13 points apiece and DeAndre Bray added 10.
- Austin Peay beats Jacksonville State 72-60
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown