Hampton beats Winston-Salem 67-49
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP)—Michael Freeman scored 17 points to lead Hampton in a 67-49 win over Winston-Salem on Monday night.
Brandon Tunnell added 10 points for the Pirates (12-13, 5-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who swept the season series with the Rams. Freeman also added six rebounds and three blocks, while Theo Smalling grabbed six boards and blocked four shots.
The Pirates tallied 11 blocks versus one for the Rams.
Brian Fisher led Winston-Salem (7-17, 3-6) with 14 points and Jamal Durham had 10.
The Pirates hit 54.1 percent of their shots from the field (20 of 37) in the game, while the Rams shot just 22.6 percent (14 of 62). The Rams hit only one of 17 attempts from beyond the arc.
- Hampton beats Winston-Salem 67-49
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four