Hampton beats Winston-Salem 67-49
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP)—Michael Freeman scored 17 points to lead Hampton in a 67-49 win over Winston-Salem on Monday night.
Brandon Tunnell added 10 points for the Pirates (12-13, 5-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who swept the season series with the Rams. Freeman also added six rebounds and three blocks, while Theo Smalling grabbed six boards and blocked four shots.
The Pirates tallied 11 blocks versus one for the Rams.
Brian Fisher led Winston-Salem (7-17, 3-6) with 14 points and Jamal Durham had 10.
The Pirates hit 54.1 percent of their shots from the field (20 of 37) in the game, while the Rams shot just 22.6 percent (14 of 62). The Rams hit only one of 17 attempts from beyond the arc.
- With Pauley under renovation, UCLA has a new temporary home
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims