Mercer beats Stetson 88-80 in overtime
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Michael Ellis and James Florence combined for 55 points to lead Mercer to an 88-80 overtime win over Stetson on Monday night.
Ellis led all scorers with 28 points and had 12 rebounds. Florence chipped in 27 points.
Daniel Emerson also had a double-double for the Bears (15-11, 9-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), scoring 13 points and pulling down 15 rebounds.
Garfield Blair led four Stetson (13-12, 9-7) players in double figures with 24 points and a career-high 16 rebounds. Tim Lang added 18 points and 10 rebounds, while Eric Diaz added 12 points and Kris Thomas chipped in 10 points.
Mercer trailed by as many as 18 points, 56-38, with 13:56 left in regulation. The Bears went on a 31-11 run capped by a three-point play by Ellis for a 69-67 Mercer lead with 41 seconds left in regulation.
Stetson tied the game at 69-69 on two free throws by Blair.
- Mercer beats Stetson 88-80 in overtime
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look