Jackson State tops Prairie View 62-61
JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Grant Maxey scored 28 points as Jackson State stretched its winning streak to seven games with a 62-61 victory over Prairie View on Monday night.
The Tigers (12-13, 11-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference) didn’t get their ninth win in their last 10 games until Dorian McDaniel’s shot bounced off the rim as time expired for the Panthers (11-14, 7-5).
Maxey scored 11 points during a 14-2 run in which the Tigers turned a 45-43 deficit into a 57-47 lead with 8:37 left in the game.
Jeremy Caldwell added 11 points and 10 rebounds for Jackson State, which outrebounded Prairie View 41-37.
Christopher Jones and Jacobie Shivers scored 12 points apiece for the Panthers.
- Jackson State tops Prairie View 62-61
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot