Texas Southern beats Grambling St. 64-55
GRAMBLING, La. (AP)—DeAndre Hall scored 23 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Texas Southern in a 64-55 win over Grambling State on Monday night.
Jacques Jones and Matthew Miller added 11 points apiece for Texas Southern (3-22, 3-9 Southwestern Athletic Conference), which snapped a three-game losing skid.
Texas Southern has won three of its last 11 games after opening the season on a 14-game losing streak.
Donald Qualls led Grambling State (6-18, 4-9) with 11 points and Jordan Lemons had 10. Grambling State has lost four straight and six out of seven since beating Texas Southern 86-83 in overtime on Jan. 19.
Texas Southern shot 52.3 percent from the field (23 of 44) in the win compared to just a 32.7 percent mark (17 of 52) for Grambling State.
- Texas Southern beats Grambling St. 64-55
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel