N.C. A&T tops Delaware St. 74-73 in OT
DOVER, Del. (AP)—Tavarus Alston hit a 3-pointer with 47 seconds left in overtime to give North Carolina A&T a 74-73 victory over Delaware State on Monday night.
The Aggies (12-13, 6-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) trailed 73-71 with 1:15 to play in OT when Alston hit his second 3-pointer of the game. Marcus Neal missed a jumper for Delaware State (8-19, 6-6) with 2 seconds remaining.
Robert Johnson paced North Carolina A&T with 13 points, Thomas Coleman had 12 points and eight rebounds and Dwane Joshua chipped in 10 points.
Delaware State was led by Arturo Dubois with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Donald Johnson added 17 points and Neal tallied 11.
The Aggies led 64-60 with 3:38 left in regulation before Dubois hit a layup with 2:01 to play, pulling the Hornets within 64-62. A layup by Neal with 26 seconds left forced overtime.
- N.C. A&T tops Delaware St. 74-73 in OT
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0