Belmont beat S.C.-Upstate 76-56
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Alex Renfroe scored 22 points, had 12 rebounds and dished out four assists in Belmont’s 76-56 win over South Carolina-Upstate on Monday night.
Belmont (16-9, 12-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) jumped out to a 10-0 lead on a Shane Dansby jump shot with 16:17 and took a 42-19 advantage into halftime.
The Bruins made 12 of their first 20 3-point attempts and finished the game 13-for-33 from behind the arc (29.4 percent).
Andy Wicke, who was 3-for-6, and Matthew Dotson, who hit 3 of 5 from long range, became the first pair of active teammates in Division I to both have over 200 career 3-pointers.
Dotson finished with 15 points and Dansby added 13.
S.C.-Upstate (15-9, 11-4) was led by De’Marion Gordon with 11 points and Carter Cook with 10.
Belmont led by as many as 37 points, 64-27, on a jump shot by Renfroe with 12:09 to play.
- Belmont beat S.C.-Upstate 76-56
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0