Belmont beat S.C.-Upstate 76-56
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Alex Renfroe scored 22 points, had 12 rebounds and dished out four assists in Belmont’s 76-56 win over South Carolina-Upstate on Monday night.
Belmont (16-9, 12-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) jumped out to a 10-0 lead on a Shane Dansby jump shot with 16:17 and took a 42-19 advantage into halftime.
The Bruins made 12 of their first 20 3-point attempts and finished the game 13-for-33 from behind the arc (29.4 percent).
Andy Wicke, who was 3-for-6, and Matthew Dotson, who hit 3 of 5 from long range, became the first pair of active teammates in Division I to both have over 200 career 3-pointers.
Dotson finished with 15 points and Dansby added 13.
S.C.-Upstate (15-9, 11-4) was led by De’Marion Gordon with 11 points and Carter Cook with 10.
Belmont led by as many as 37 points, 64-27, on a jump shot by Renfroe with 12:09 to play.
- Boston College AD admits to blocking UConn’s path to ACC
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four