Abreau helps New Hampshire beat Albany
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Alvin Abreau scored 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds and three other players were in double figures to lead New Hampshire over Albany 78-59 on Sunday in America East basketball.
Tyrone Conley scored 17 points for New Hampshire (10-14, 5-7). Tyrece Gibbs added 16 and Eric Gilchrese had 11 off the bench. The Wildcats shot almost 57 percent from the floor.
Will Harris had 18 points and seven rebounds for Albany (13-13, 5-8) and Jerel Hastings scored 11. The Great Danes were held to 40 percent shooting, sinking only one of 11 three-point attempts.
- Nine former champions will go gray this season
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember