Harangody, McAlarney score 19 each in ND victory
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)—Luke Harangody and Kyle McAlarney scored 19 points each and Notre Dame held South Florida without a field goal for more than 10 minutes late in a 67-57 victory Sunday.
The Irish (14-10, 5-7 Big East) followed up their biggest league win ever, a 33-point win over No. 5 Louisville, with an unimpressive victory against the Bulls (8-16, 3-9).
The Irish led by as many as 14 in the first half, but USF went on an 8-0 run to tie the score at 51 on a free throw by Jesus Verdejo midway through the second half. The Irish regained the lead on a rebound basket by Harangody, who added another basket inside to put the Irish ahead 55-51. McAlarney hit a 3 to extend the lead to seven, then hit another 3 moments later.
- CBS infuriates an entire city during Louisville-Siena game
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- Syracuse reeling with 3 losses in 4 games
- Hartford stuns Boston College 65-63 behind Dunne's 25 points
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls