Chicago St. 84, N.J. Tech 68
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—David Holston scored 18 points and handed out 10 assists to lead Chicago State to an 84-68 win over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday.
John Cantrell and Mike Wilson each added 15 points for the Cougars (15-12), while Carl Montgomery scored 14 points before leaving with an apparent lower back injury after being knocked hard to the floor.
Jheryl Wilson had a game-high 26 points for the Highlanders (1-23), while Isaiah Wilkerson added 12 points.
The teams traded baskets for most of the first half, with Chicago State holding a 36-32 lead at the break. The Cougars then started the second half with a 13-5 run that featured six points by Montgomery, and they maintained double-digit leads for the rest of the game.
- How to blow a five-point lead in 4.6 seconds ... and still win
- No. 3 Kansas routs TCU 87-68 to clinch share of Big 12 title
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
- Minnesota beats No. 24 Maryland 89-75 for 6th straight win
- Michigan beats Rutgers 68-64 behind Wilson's double-double
- Nebraska's Tim Miles wants to come back and trusts Eichorst