Wofford beat Georgia Southern 82-75
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Noah Dahlman and Kevin Giltner each scored 17 points to help Wofford defeat Georgia Southern 82-75 on Saturday night.
Dahlman went 7 of 9 from the field and Giltner shot 3-for-5 from 3-point range, including 8 of 10 from the free throw line.
Wofford (12-11, 8-7 Southern Conference) shot 53.2 percent from the field (25 of 47) and 45.5 percent form 3-point range (10 of 22).
Corey Godzinski added 11 points and Tim Johnson grabbed nine rebounds for the Terriers.
Wofford claimed their biggest lead at 93-61 on a layup by Godzinski with 10:55 left to play.
Tyler Troupe scored 20 points for the Eagles (7-17, 5-11), who lost their seventh straight.
Ben Drayton III, the conference’s leading shooter at 48.3 percent, was 5-for-12 from the field with 17 points and eight assists against the Terriers.
- Wofford beat Georgia Southern 82-75
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0